Welcome to American Cold Forge
American Cold Forge was founded in 2008 by a group of engineers with nearly 100 years of combined experience in the cold forging industry. Our mission is to produce state of the art American-Made cold forged products for a worldwide marketplace. The administrative, engineering, and manufacturing operations are located in Northwood, Ohio.
American Cold Forge’s product focus is twofold:
- Production of cold forged components incorporating net formed tooth profiles which offer customers a less expensive, higher strength alternative to hobbed, cast, or shaper cut tooth profiles.
- Production of medium to high volume cold forged components that offer both a reduction in raw material and in many cases the elimination of a variety of post forge machining operations.
The cold forging process saves money and resources by the elimination of:
- Secondary machining operations which produce scrap chips, shavings and cutting fluids that can result in costly disposal fees. Not to mention the cost of the machines and the cost of their operation and maintenance.
- The need for heat treatment ( in some cases) due to the work hardening characteristics that the cold forging process has on nearly all metals.
- The need for costlier grades of raw material used when machining from solid to ensure the same strength as a lower grade of material that has been cold forged. The cold forging process also creates a far superior grain flow of the material in the finished product as compared to a part that has been simply machined from solid.
Watch our Video
At American Cold Forge we recognize that even the most nimble companies struggle to succeed and prosper in the current market place, and we do our utmost to help your company be the first to respond to your customer’s needs. Each member of the American Cold Forge team takes a personal responsibility to ensure a prompt review and timely submission of quotations, often including suggestions for product design options to increase performance, speed up development, and/or lower costs.
In addition to supporting customers in the NAFTA market, American Cold Forge is currently developing export projects for both Europe and Japan. Customers of American Cold Forge are leaders in the automotive, (valve train, cooling system, cabin safety, suspension, and transmission), heavy truck, bearing manufacturing, and even wrist watch case design.
At American Cold Forge we welcome the opportunity to assist your company with the development of your product using our cold forging technology. If you think that American Cold Forge can help your company be more competitive in today’s challenging market place, please use the form found on the “Contact Us “page to request a quote or to ask any question that you may have.